Thursday, December 23, 2010



I am closing out 2010 with the only blog I have written this year. There is certainly a hope that I will write religiously at least a blog a week. It is a hope and another new year resolution.
The wind has picked up to 30-40 mph and I can see the hapless leaves that clung to the trees in hopes of surviving another day flying by my window. I am watching CNN reporting the damage done by the rain in California, Arizona and Nevada. A year of trials and tribulations going by as I hope and pray the best for the affected.
Another resolution for the new year is my desire to be a Professional Speaker. I had the privilege to speak to 9th graders in 30+ classes. It was exciting.
This is becoming a blog of resolutions. I have heard that any thought that comes in to your mind lasts 37 seconds. Wonderful ideas have crossed my mind and moved in to oblivion. I chalked it to the 37 second rule when I could not recall them. This was also a year of finding a few good speakers.

I have grouped the speakers as: natural, artificial, naturally professional and artificially professional. They are all talented. I have also come to realize that the 'naturally professional' speakers love their craft and polish their talents every possible opportunity. The Toastmasters group of world champions are in my category of naturally professional speakers, because they recognized their talent and worked hard in becoming world class speakers. The lady and the champs are in that category.

As a step towards becoming a professional speaker is my desire to complete the DTM designation in Toastmasters.

I am a real estate broker. It is a story in itself and a blog for later.

The real estate field will be an area of resolutions in 2011: making the best of the situation is my resolution for real estate. Another blog topic - Real Estate resolutions.

The wind is still howling. Nothing much has changed in the news in the last half hour of writing this blog. No more than 25 lines in a blog is a blog resolution for 2011.

No comments: