We had a calm and enjoyable Christmas service on the 24th evening. This Christmas morning I read all the news headlines on google sites only to read about tragedies, failures and a general fear in most parts of the world. Any good news hidden in between tragedies were nothing more than exhortations for peace from religious and political leaders. Another Christmas with wishes floating yet ever close to reality.
Even with splintered hopes, dreams and wishes the world continues in to uncharted times. All we can pray for is leaders with morals and visions, capable of articulating and directing a group of people through these difficult times.
I hope for a new year with such leaders who will not apologize, but accept their personal failures and move on with their life and leave the leadership role to others waiting in their footsteps.
I hope for a new year where people will not blindly follow leaders whose only dream is personal.
I hope for a new year where people will not blindly follow religious leaders who keep interpreting their religious tenets to fulfill their ambitions.
I hope for a new year where people will find connections amongst their friends and families and strengthen the connection for a stronger relationship.
I hope for a new year where we find more in common with others and may the difference we find in each other help us grow.
I hope for a new year of growth in diversity.
Happy New Year World.
No comments:
Post a Comment