Spending my last few days of 2010 in St. Louis was never in my dreams; still, it is a reality. I am here in St. Louis to attend a funeral. God chose this time to recall another soul. Suddenly the children have to grow up to handle responsibilities they had hoped to keep at arms length for quite sometime. The wake was what it was meant to be - a time to look back. I did some soul searching as well.
I will be looking to complete another milestone in 2011. I would like to complete one major achievement before facing the inevitable, if God allows. Over the years I am not sure if I have competed any major projects that I can call "complete." I have many "it is complete for now" in my repertoire.
As I look over the horizon I would like to add 'public speaking' to my credentials. I would like to say on December 31, 2011 that I have truly completed my desire to be a Public Speaker.
I have taken the first step in talking to Dr. Dilip Abayasekara, past President of Toastmasters International. I look forward to the Champions Edge conference in Las Vegas on February 2011.
No comments:
Post a Comment